FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batch Watermark

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jas Mathur
Batch Watermark
on Apr 21, 2010 at 5:33:34 pm

Hello,

I have about 200 HD videos which I've already compressed to be compatible with Youtube and other video sharing sites. The issue is I need to add a watermark to all these videos in a batch, without having to re-encode them after. I want the format to remain the same as well as picture/sound quality. Can this be done using Final Cut Pro?

I would prefer to add a logo instead of text (if possible). Please let me know, I've searched everywhere for this but can't seem to get a clear answer.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Batch Watermark
on Apr 21, 2010 at 6:06:06 pm

[Jas Mathur] "without having to re-encode them after."

Sorry, it's just not going to be possible. You can add watermarks in compressor or other programs, but at some point, you are going to have to save that out as a new movie.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jas Mathur
Re: Batch Watermark
on Apr 21, 2010 at 6:50:53 pm

Thanks Jerry, but If I save the videos with compressor can they maintain the same quality? I just don't want to have to re-encode the whole thing again and lose the quality...

Secondly, how can I batch watermark the videos in compressor? I trie using it a few times but was unsuccesful in even opening multiple videos at once

any help is much appreciated

thanks

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: .mxf preview unsupported for this format
on Apr 21, 2010 at 8:20:05 pm

[Jas Mathur] "Thanks Jerry"

Sure, Saj. (It's Jeremy) ;)

[Jas Mathur] "If I save the videos with compressor can they maintain the same quality?"

It will be another transcode. Like I said, you will have to make that movie again. You can't just add a layer without rendering it.

[Jas Mathur] "Secondly, how can I batch watermark the videos in compressor?"

In the filters tab, there's a watermark checkbox. Check it and add a still or movie with transparency.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]