FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capture 1080i 25p in FCP using HVR-Z7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ruud Lenssen
Capture 1080i 25p in FCP using HVR-Z7
on Apr 21, 2010 at 7:47:10 am

Hi people,

I'm new here so I hope I'm posting the right way.

I have shot some footage for a documentary using the Sony HVR-Z7 in HDV 1080i 25p mode. Now I want to capture the footage using a firewirecable in Final Cut Pro 7 but it won't work! I've put my 'Easy Setup' to HDV 1080i 25p firewire basic and when I start start to capture in Log and Capture, the tape is going, and I see the footage on the LCD of the camera but the capturescreen in Final Cut stays black. So it's not possible to capture!?

I've googled a bit and read somewhere that the camera can't output 25p? So how am I ever gonna import the footage to FInal Cut? Or should I capture it in 50i mode or something? I tried to do that but it didn't change a thing. What am I doing wrong??

Hope to hear from you!

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
Re: Capture 1080i 25p in FCP using HVR-Z7
on Apr 21, 2010 at 4:11:47 pm

I know I've had that problem capturing pal from sony dv deck
that is pal switchable.

the work around was passing the deck through a canopus 110 A/D converter and
switching it to PAL mode then it worked.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Apr 21, 2010 at 9:42:12 pm

HDV at 25 fps is 50i. The 25p mode is an in camera progressive fudge. The signal is 50i.

That should be your easy setup. Make sure the deck is on and load and play a tape. Can you see an image on an external monitor or thedeck/camera LCD screen? The deck should be setup in the menu to make sure it is correctly outputing 1080 via firewire, not downconverting to DV. Then start the Mac and open FCP.

Capture should work. If not try trashing preferences and restart.

Return to posts index

Ruud Lenssen
on Apr 22, 2010 at 7:10:43 pm

Well I've tried everything.. I tried using the 50i Setup in FCP, but still nothing. I haven't got an external monitor, but when i Log and Capture the tape is running and I can see the footage on the Camera's LCD but no video able to see in the Log and Capture desk in FCP! But it does detect the tape. So I guess it's just not possible to import the 25p footage with the Z7..

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Apr 24, 2010 at 1:12:02 am

People capture HDV into FCP from Sony cameras all the time. It is likely to be a menu setting in the camera like down converting to DV codec or ilink not on.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]