FORUMS: list search recent posts

Linking website address to video

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah Levitt
Linking website address to video
on Apr 20, 2010 at 9:59:29 am

Hello everyone!

I have a problem, I'm hoping I'll manage to get an answer.

I made a one minute video and the client would like there to be a link at the end of the video where people can click and arrive at a certain page on their (the client's) website.

Now on youtube this is not a problem, since I can do this right after the upload. But what happens when we place the video on their website? I made a flash file with a link to the page, but when I tried to import it into FCP - no luck. I then checked in CC forums and saw that Flash and FCP don't play well together.

My question is, how can I keep the properties (link to website) of the flash file and place in the video clip. Do I have to do it in a different program? If yes, which one?
Thanks!

Sarah A. Levitt

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
Re: Linking website address to video
on Apr 20, 2010 at 12:06:03 pm

You have to put the link in the flash/swf file on their web page, not inside your video. JWplayer will let you do this fairly easily with their online wizard. Running it through Flash itself will give you a lot more options, but you'll need to learn some Flash.

Non-linear: all the time and nothing but.

Return to posts index

Sarah Levitt
Re: Linking website address to video
on Apr 20, 2010 at 1:19:27 pm

Cool, thanks.
I am now trying to do it with Flash, we'll see how it goes. If not, I'll get our web guy to help.

Sarah A. Levitt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]