FORUMS: list search recent posts

quality problems

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bram van ermingen
quality problems
on Apr 20, 2010 at 7:28:43 am

Hi,

I'd like to start this post with a short intro about myself.
My name is Bram van Ermingen, and I'm a 24yo student in leisure management. I live in a small town in Holland.
Sadly my father passed away about a month ago.
He left me an Apple Mac Pro dual Quadcore with Final cut and all the corresponding programs.

I've already made a couple of movies which I burnt with IDVD (first made a quicktime mov). This leads to a lot of quality loss

Oh yeah, my current can is a Pana HS700 fullHD (1080progressive).

I tried 3 different methods of exporting my timeline with FCP.
1. quicktime reference, all compressor settings to dvd 90 min high, burn settings to normal.
2. quicktime reference, all compressor settings to dvd 90 min high, burn setting to high.
3. direct to compressor with fcp and burn settings to high.

When I open the timeline in fcp and watch it fullscreen (hd) it looks great.
Offcourse i'm gonna lose someting by going back to dvd, but i think it looks kinda crappy.
I see stripes when my firends come riding by (it a mtb downhill mov) and stuff.

I've seen I can export the movie to a lot of different sorts, but I don't know what format.

Can anyone help me out?

thanks a million!

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: quality problems
on Apr 20, 2010 at 1:50:04 pm

You've learned to use FCP. You learned to use Compressor. But, now your using iDVD instead of DVDSP? That's your problem.

Edit your video, make your self contained file, take that into Compressor, use the best 90-min preset, but then use those files in DVDSP and you'll he much happier.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

EPK Colorist - UP IN THE AIR - nominated for six academy awards

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

bram van ermingen
Re: quality problems
on Apr 20, 2010 at 5:25:03 pm

my bad...

the previous testprojects where burnt with IDVD...

but the downhill project I was referring to was burnt with DVD Studio Pro offcourse ;)

Like I said, when I look at the footage in FCP it looks wonderful, but when exported (in whatever way) it looks crappy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]