FORUMS: list search recent posts

connecting separate video and audio tracks

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Hawkins
connecting separate video and audio tracks
on Apr 19, 2010 at 2:42:14 pm

We shot some interviews with the audio being recorded as a separate then the video. Is there anyway i can treat them as one for sub-clipping with out exporting them out as a quicktime and bringing them back in.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: connecting separate video and audio tracks
on Apr 19, 2010 at 3:05:35 pm

The audio must be PCM 16 or 24 bit, 48kHz. If it's not, use an app other than FCP (Soundtrack Pro, QT Pro, etc.) to convert the audio to those parameters. Then import the audio into FCP. Lay it against the video and sync the two. Then highlight the synced video and audio tracks and hit Cmd L. That will link them together.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Ben Hawkins
on Apr 19, 2010 at 3:17:04 pm

awesome, was not aware that once you linked the clips fcp would keep them linked after you sub-clip.
thanks again

I got the hottest beats and the softest fur.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 19, 2010 at 4:33:36 pm

Are there slates? Find the common in point, mark IN on both, then use the Merge Clips command. This makes a new clip with audio and video tied.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]