FORUMS: list search recent posts

Nikon D90 footage, bad edition, how to restore original quality

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Miguel Angel antoñanzas
Nikon D90 footage, bad edition, how to restore original quality
on Apr 17, 2010 at 5:43:18 pm

Hi, I have a very particular problem, I have created.

I shoot a whole project with a NIKON D90, so all the files are 24 fps PAL 1280x720 apple open dml jpeg 1.8MB/sec sqare mono 11025Hz 16.bit integer.
I know this particular apple open dml is not the best format to edit or transfer to dvd.

My problem is that I didn´t convert the files to a Apple pro res 422 and setting the sequence to 1280x720 custom 16:9 and rescale de d90 footage with the tmt color filter as Raf Godlewski suggested in vimeo. No I started to edit as a regular project and I though I could restore the best quality of the whole thing even after the edition, just with a click of a button, but not, it not as easy. My mistake.

Now, after days of editing, I have the final sequence with this profile:
720x 480 NTSC DV (3:2)
NTSC CCIR 601
LOWER
DV DVCPRO NTSC
RATE 48KHZ AUDIO
DEPTH 16 BIT
and of course with the black bars on top and bottom.

Now, what can I do to get the best original quality of my project and not to edit the whole thing again? Good video and no bars?

I tried to change the settings of the sequence, to match the original footage parameters but then the whole video shrinks.
Any advice will be great.

Miguel Angel

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Nikon D90 footage, bad edition, how to restore original quality
on Apr 18, 2010 at 6:27:35 am

Hi Miguel,
Your workflow is a real mess.
Sincerely I think that your best option is to start again from scratches.
Think first which is your final delivery format, and plan your workflow with that in mind.
And never finish in DV. For the quality you gonna get with that codec, is a waist to shoot with a DSRL.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]