FORUMS: list search recent posts

conversions

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
michal yaniv
conversions
on Apr 17, 2010 at 9:35:47 am

I have a project that contains HD (xdcam) stuff and PAL stuff.
The seq. setting is xdcam and all the fields are the same.
And yet, when I tried to convert it to DVD via I DVD all the HD stuff was tittered and not smooth.
I also tried to convert the HD stuff to prorez and then to reconnect them, but I got this info: "the files don't contain proper content to reconnect to the file at timecode xx:xx:xx;xx. click ok to make this file independent and go to the next clip or click cancel"

any ideas anyone??

thanx,

Michal

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: conversions
on Apr 18, 2010 at 12:17:14 am

Lots more info required. Is everything 25 fps? What is the codec used on the "PAL stuff"? What was the path from your sequence to iDVD? Once we sort if the problem is in the sequence settings or a mismatch in fields with the different footage you can move onto making a decent DVD.

To do this you will need to use DVD Studio Pro. iDVD is not a decent tool for making DVDs from HD. Search this forum as the topic of going from a FCP sequence to making a good DVD in DVDSP has been covered many times. Getting the workflow from the HD timeline to SD DVD is not hard but many people make the mistake of using DV codec as an intermediate transcoding and then into iDVD which creates a further hit making the mpeg2 file. I suspect that somewhere in the process you have an incorrect field order in the HD footage.

Return to posts index

michal yaniv
Re: conversions
on Apr 18, 2010 at 10:01:26 am

Hi Michael,
first, thanx for your quick answer.
here is the missing info:
1.everything is 25fps.
2.the PAl stuff - DV PAL and I put in in my seq that sets to DVX codec
3. this is the path:
I exported my final seq as self contained with DVX codec
importing that to iDVD