FORUMS: list search recent posts

failed Blu-Ray burns

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Black FCP
failed Blu-Ray burns
on Apr 15, 2010 at 10:04:30 pm

Is anyone else as driven to madness as I am about the crappy Blu-Ray burning feature out of FCP? I've had four failed burns over the last two days and for no apparent reason.

On Tuesday, I got a drive delivered to me with an HD-res ProRes 4444 quicktime of the master of a 90 minute feature. Producer wanted a Blu-Ray burned of that source. That worked fine. No problem.

Then he wanted a Blu-Ray burned with an on-screen burn-in, "Property of blah blah blah, do not duplicate".

I put this text on in the timeline, rendered it, then went through the same "send to compressor" process. Failed burn. Ok, maybe it was a bad disc. Try again, fails again. It just spits it out and says, "There was an error burning the disk. Check the storage on your boot drive." (there are about 200 GB).

OK, maybe it doesn't like dealing with the rendered files. I export a self contained quicktime, with the burn-in. Try it again through compressor. Same problem.

I have repaired permissions, I've rebooted... I don't know what else can be going wrong. A fifth disc is burning now, and I'm basically just crossing my fingers, but it looks like it will be another disc for the garbage heap... and these things aren't cheap!

I wish there was something I could tweak, but there's next to no settings for this process out of FCP.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Return to posts index

Mike Chedwick
Re: failed Blu-Ray burns
on Apr 15, 2010 at 11:21:25 pm

You need to use the "Share" function then send to Compressor.

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
on Apr 16, 2010 at 2:47:49 am

What kind of blanks are you using? What burner?

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

Michael Black FCP
on Apr 19, 2010 at 4:57:07 pm

I've tried burning both through the "Share" menu option and through Compressor itself. Both to no avail.

I'm using Memorex BD-Rs and the Pioneer BD-RW BDR-203.

I've made plenty of discs before, without a problem.

I just encountered another error over the weekend where I got the message "There was an error trying to burn the disc. Please make sure there is enough space on your boot drive." There is about 200 GB on my boot drive.

Return to posts index

Diogenes Goris
on Sep 20, 2011 at 8:14:57 pm

It's now September 20th, 2011 and I'm having the same exact problems.

Anyone found a resolution or is there another drive out there that does not have any issue?

Thank you.

Diogenes

Return to posts index

Michael Black FCP
on Sep 20, 2011 at 8:23:35 pm

Gosh, that was so long ago. I'm not sure what I ended up doing to get it to work, but I haven't had the same problem lately.

Go through your process and I'll see if I can find the step I'm not doing any more.

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Morris
on Feb 17, 2012 at 4:23:56 pm

Check the brand of media you are using. I got this same error trying to burn Microboards brand. They work fine in my duplicator, but not my SuperDrive. I realize you aren't using a SuperDrive, but I would recommend trying a different brand.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]