batch export clips from timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sven De Bruyne
batch export clips from timeline
on Apr 15, 2010 at 8:03:29 pm

Hi guys,

I'm not very experienced with Final Cut Pro 7 and had this (simple) question:

I dragged 6 .mov videos in my project and cut them up in the timeline. Now I have a whole bunch of small clips in my timeline (about 90 of them). Is there any way I can batch export all the clips as separate .mov files and, if possible, keep them in the same order as they are in the timeline without renaming them all manually?

Thanks a lot!

Sven

Return to posts index

Brian Wheeler
Re: batch export clips from timeline
on Apr 15, 2010 at 8:33:57 pm

Hey Sven;
Bad news is probably not. Unless you want to take the time to nest each clip and name the timelines something like 01, 02, 03, etc. If space is the issue, you might try using the Media Manager to get rid of any unnecessary files and nuking your old render files.

But hopefully someone else here knows a better way. Best of luck!

Brian Wheeler

Return to posts index

Chad Tingle
on Apr 15, 2010 at 10:02:40 pm

I'm no expert but if I remember correctly.. in fcp 6 and 7 you can create a new bin then highlight all the clips in the timeline and drag them into the bin. This will create new clips in the bin.. you can then right click on the bin and select batch export. This should give you the ability to export them with the new names in the order of how you had them placed in the timeline. I hope this helps... good luck

Chad Tingle
Producer/Editor

Return to posts index

Sven De Bruyne
on Apr 16, 2010 at 8:12:38 am

Hi Chad,

I tried the bin-trick, and indeed it does create the clips I dragged in from the timeline, but I can't seem to get them in the order of the timeline, they're arranged alphabetically. I also have to manually give them a Base Output Filename (which I did) but when I export the bin, it doens't export clips but instead exports the entire original movies of which the clips are part of?!

The thing is: I made my montage in FCP and want to get the timeline into After Effects for editing each clip individually. There's GOT to be a way for this, right?

Thanks! Sven

Return to posts index

Sven De Bruyne
on Apr 16, 2010 at 8:16:47 am

Ok I had to check on 'use in-out marks' so now I get the clips to export individually, but still not in the order they were in the timeline... I really don't want to manually order each clip in my After Effects timeline :)

Return to posts index

Matt Hargrave
on Sep 27, 2010 at 7:22:44 am

I'm having a very similar problem right now in that I can't figure out a way to keep the files in the correct order of the timeline? Did anyone ever discover a fix for this?

Return to posts index

Carl Frey
on Nov 10, 2010 at 6:27:23 pm

If you are trying to go from FC to AE, try popcorn islands script - it allows you to export an XML from final cut and import it into AE. Quick and simple.

My question is this - I have a sequence with 100 or so clips that are all time- remapped and I need to go to color.Any suggestions on how "pre bake" them all so I don't have any round-trip issues?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]