FORUMS: list search recent posts

Native AVC-Intra transfer from FCP 7 to FCP 6

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Kamp
Native AVC-Intra transfer from FCP 7 to FCP 6
on Apr 15, 2010 at 12:41:35 am

Hello COW's! I have always used this forum to answer my many questions, now I have one of my own.

I had an on set technical editor ingest our AVC-Intra 100 footage via log and transfer to their copy of Final Cut Studio. It was FCP 7. Now, my editor is trying to open the files in his FCP 6. Obviously there is the problem that FCP 6 doesnt support AVC intra codecs natively. My on set editor also did some rough cuts so I could see how the footage was fitting. I would like to keep those edits as and really only do minor changes because I like them.

So my question boils down to... How do we transfer the AVC-Intra 100 footage we logged and captured on FCP 7 to FCP 6 so that we can do minor edits to the already edited sequences that were put together... and not lose all that work?

I have been looking and no yet solutions have been made apparent, I hope you geniuses out there can help me out. Thanks.

Will
Co-Founder
Stickman Productions
http://www.stickmanfilm.com

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Native AVC-Intra transfer from FCP 7 to FCP 6
on Apr 15, 2010 at 1:33:21 am

You can't. They did something very wrong by importing as AVCintra native. They should have imported as pro res.

Have them reimport as prores, keeping the exact same clip names, then take the AVCI files offline, and have FCP reconnect to the prores files.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Bill Mills
on May 28, 2010 at 6:30:17 pm

Shane,

Thanks for the info on the native AVC100 situation. I was trying to figure out why all the AVC material was coming in native and then requiring rendering on a prores timeline.

It appears that bringing the files in as Pro Res standard is the best option. When I use HQ it still requires rendering. Any thoughts on that?

Bill Mills http://www.FLHD.tv

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 28, 2010 at 6:58:30 pm

[Bill Mills] "When I use HQ it still requires rendering. Any thoughts on that? "

If you put ProRes HQ into a ProRes 422 timeline, you need to render. You need to use a ProRes HQ timeline. But don't convert to HQ...there is very little to no noticeable difference between 422 and HQ. HQ is meant for LARGE 10-bit formats, like RED or 2K. All you are gaining is file size.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]