FORUMS: list search recent posts

corrupt files during transfer ?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fernando Rivas
corrupt files during transfer ?
on Apr 14, 2010 at 2:00:03 pm

I recently had an interview with a lavalier rigged to my camera, I recorded a few stuff prior to the interview, then rigged the lavalier to the panasonic HVX200, recorded the interview, then went on shooting some other stuff. I played back the entire interview on the camera and confirmed everything was "OK". when I transfered all the files into finalcut, all the interview takes where "incomplete" as the little blue dot that shows usually, this time it was in half, and everyother take was perfectly transferred, when I disconnected the camera to playback the clips from the camera , they were showing their number in RED and I couldn't play them. any idea why this could happen ?

i shot this in 720/24p with audio. and the ones without audio where shot in 720/24pn 60 frames, cos it was in a helicopter and i had to stabilize the image a bit.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: corrupt files during transfer ?
on Apr 14, 2010 at 3:13:10 pm

Check in the Log & Transfer preferences and see if there is a check next to "Remove advanced pulldown and Duplicate Frames." If there is try unchecking it and see if that helps. Also, I believe the HVX200 has a Repair Clip function you can try.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Isaac Brillant
Re: corrupt files during transfer ?
on Feb 14, 2011 at 9:21:31 pm

I had the exact same problem and have been trying to figure it out for hours, and your answer solved it.

(so, was the problem that since the clips were shot in 24P, FCP was removing the wrong frames, AS IF the clips had Advanced Pulldown, whereas it "knew" to leave the 24PN clips alone because they're native?)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]