FORUMS: list search recent posts

repairing scroling images

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
daphne velen
repairing scroling images
on Apr 14, 2010 at 8:02:04 am

on a long term time lapse of a building being destroyd a lot of images are messed up because of technical problems. most is repairable but with some i have a big problem.

some of the images have a scrolling down effect. the bottom of the image is coming in on the top and making his was down. causing a breach in the image. the top going more and more down and so on. up to the point where the complete image is visible normally and then it all starts over. this happens a few times in the clip. i think you sometimes see it in old movies at the end of the actual tape. hope it is clear what happens, if not please ask.

there is no tape of these images, all has been recorded digitally. i dont know the actual cause of the problen. the camera has been up in the air in a lot of bad weather for a few months. the system crashed a few times. most likely because of the giant size of the files.

is there any way of repairing this in fcp? the only solution i can think of so far would be copying every frame, making two layers and cropping in such a way that it looks like a normal image again. but that would mean doing this about 6 or 8000 times. so not really a solution i like.

Return to posts index

Jason Diebler
Re: repairing scroling images
on Apr 14, 2010 at 3:54:06 pm

Play around with the channel offset filter in Final Cut, you may be able to keyframe the 'y' value offset... you could then export that clip and then run it through a stabilize filter... just a thought, not sure what the result of this will be.

"The deepest blues are black" - Foo Fighters
(this doesn't help me when I'm chroma keying!)

Return to posts index

daphne velen
Re: repairing scroling images
on Apr 15, 2010 at 7:08:50 am

i actually solved my problem yesterday. i reversed it with a "bad tv" effect. but tnhx for your post.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]