FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sync Slip Issue with CANON 1D

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam McKenzie
Sync Slip Issue with CANON 1D
on Apr 14, 2010 at 7:31:44 am

Hello Creative Cowsters,

We have recently finished shooting a feature film shot with three Canon 1D’s. The footage was recorded at 23.98 fps and we recorded separate sound during the shoot to be synced in post.

We encoded using MPEG STREAMCLIP to ProRes 422 (Proxy), keeping the original frame rate.

As this was our first experience with these cameras we came up against the problem of the sound slipping out of sync over long takes when imported into Final Cut Pro.

After researching the issue we came across and utilised the 100.1% workaround.

Suffice to say that it worked well until we realized that changing the speed of the audio limits what you can do when it comes to Multi-clipping and Match Framing.

So… my question is this. Does anyone know of the settings I need to put into an Easy Setup so that audio and footage sync without me having to change the speed? I have tried every combination known to man… and a few more… but it still comes up out of sync.

Please help. I’m mostly bald and I’d like to keep the remaining hair I have left.
Thanks in advance,

Adam.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Sync Slip Issue with CANON 1D
on Apr 14, 2010 at 2:41:53 pm

Hi Adam,
Sorry i can not advise you because I have no experience with DSRL workflow, but probably you will find the answer with the Search function.
Lately have been many pots about audio syncing for this workflow.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Adam McKenzie
on Apr 14, 2010 at 11:05:29 pm

Thanks Rafael,

You bring up an interesting point. The Search function is a very important tool but unfortunately it's a one way street. I've done the research and found numerous articles and posts regarding this problem. Unfortunately I haven't been able to make the solutions work for me.

Hence phase 2: Discussion. There are far more intelligent people than me here at the great Creative Cow and I would love to tap into that resource.

So let the great Why For The Love Of God Is This Not Working discussion begin.

Adam

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Apr 15, 2010 at 12:28:12 pm

Hi Adam,
There is also a new "DSRL Video" Forum in the COW that sure is a good resource.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]