FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Does FCS hold a candle to Adobe anymore?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Christopher Hill
Re: Does FCS hold a candle to Adobe anymore?
on Apr 14, 2010 at 7:04:36 am

@Michael Gissing - I honestly haven't had much experience with Premiere since their CS2 offering and I wasn't unimpressed back then, but industry standards at the time drove me to Final Cut which I've been using for the last 4 years exclusively. Our studio is very small and at the moment we don't do any professional color-grading outside of Final Cut.

The things that intrigue me about the new CS5 are the ability to work with Final Cut projects in Premiere without any re-rendering or converting as well as Premiere's ability to work with a wide variety of tapeless workflows natively and mixing and matching different formats in the same timeline without rendering. But the biggest draw as I mentioned is Adobe's proven track-record of seamless round-tripping between it's programs.

@Illya & David- The audience and client base we serve is such that they probably wouldn't know or care if we were editing content in Avid, Premiere or Final Cut. Not to say that our quality is sub-standard or unprofessional but that our clientele is not of the crowd that would notice such a difference nor bring us content specific to one platform. We have tested media encoder in the past in our workflow and while Compressor works better for us at current, we weren't unimpressed with the results.

@Rafael - Like you, I think it is time for Apple to get it's act together. It's just my opinion but I feel as though the many complaints that have been lodged against FCP by it's user base in the past have gone largely unaddressed. I'm hoping that they have some stunning announcements coming, but I'm not holding my breath.

All in all, thank you everyone for your responses. Some have been enlightening. I'm hoping that there are some fellow editors out there who have had their hands on a Beta or RC version of CS5 to offer some insight. My intent wasn't to start a flame war or intentionally "dog" on FCS but to ask a serious question and get some serious answers.

Thanks

Chris Hill

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]