FORUMS: list search recent posts

24p footage in Log and Transfer

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Clancy
24p footage in Log and Transfer
on Apr 13, 2010 at 9:56:28 pm

Hey there,

I've recently been given footage from two cameras where the shooters were told to shoot 1080p24. One of the cams was to DVCPROHD tape stock and the other was tapeless P2 Media. My DVCPROHD footage is fine, with its frame rate being 23.98, but through the Log and Transfer tool all of my tapeless media has a vid rate of 29.97 and uses the compressor 1080p30. I had the shooter show me how the camera was configured and it indeed was set to 1080p24.

Is it possible this an issue occurring within Final Cut (either a flaw or a user preference that's wrong in Log and Transfer) or could it be the case of a camera creating the look of 24p but actually doing 29.97?

I've read mixed theories online to people with similar problems. Can anyone who knows log and transfer inside and out confirm if I could be accidenatally doing something within FCP that makes 24p footage 30p?

Thank you so much!

Return to posts index

Tom Brooks
Re: 24p footage in Log and Transfer
on Apr 14, 2010 at 1:09:47 am

Sorry, I don't shoot that format. Only 1080pA24. I believe you need to use Cinema Tools to remove pulldown although the manual has a cryptic comment about doing it in Final Cut after capture. By your description it's not Advanced pulldown, but 2:3:2:3.

Return to posts index

Tim Clancy
Re: 24p footage in Log and Transfer
on Apr 16, 2010 at 3:51:24 pm

Thanks, Tom.

I tried "Remove Advanced Pulldown" in FCP's tools and it makes it 23.98, but something just doesn't look right...still trouble-shooting this one, as I don't want to potentially ruin an entire shoot's worth of footage..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]