FORUMS: list search recent posts

Render Bars in time Line

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Glidewell
Render Bars in time Line
on Apr 13, 2010 at 1:52:43 am

Ok I know just enough to think I know FCP but I guess I really don't know much or not enough.

1- The pull down window to the left of the time line, the RT- I have three sequences open in the time line, when I select two of them one at a time of course, I have a lot of options in the RT pull down and things render normal, orange and green sometimes. Then when I select the other one I only have a few selection and in that one of course I keep getting the red needs rendering bar in the top of the time line what to do here??

2-After I render the whole sequence unlimited,full,mix down, ready to send to compressor the render lines above the time line are a light blue, which means as I understand it, has been render. But there are spots of just gray in the bars, I have this clip which I made in motion and exported it as a quick time mov then imported it into my FC sequence and where the bar is gray it plays great but where the bar is blue it flickers like crazy. Any suggestions.

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
Re: Render Bars in time Line
on Apr 13, 2010 at 5:02:39 pm

RT Pop Up should be set to Unlimited RT > Dynamic > Dynamic as you work. Don't render if you don't need to.

If you need to do an edit to tape and are playing back the timeline, switch it to Safe RT > High > Full. Make sure the Sequence > Render menus have the "FULL" quality checked off.

If you are going to Compressor straight away, don't worry about rendering. Compressor will render the frames for you at high quality.

Kevin Monahan
60 Blu-ray Templates for Final Cut Studio 2009
http://www.fcpworld.com
Author - Motion Graphics and Effects in Final Cut Pro

Return to posts index

Tim Glidewell
Re: Render Bars in time Line
on Apr 13, 2010 at 5:39:10 pm

Thanks for the reply. One of the problems I was having in that RT pull down window was there weren't no options to select the settings that you suggested, when I had that one sequence selected there where only like 3 or 4 options. Thanks for clearing up about no need to render before sending to compressor.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]