FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batch List importing question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Reid Bingham
Batch List importing question
on Apr 12, 2010 at 3:10:50 pm

Hello,

I have a quick question about importing Batch Lists. I have tried everything from making my own Excel doc, to using templates, to exporting a batch lists from FCP as templates, and nothing has worked! Is there something I am not doing? All the instructions and information on the forums go as far as, match your columns with the FCP browser, save as tab delimited, and import it. The problem for me is once I hit import, nothing happens!

Does this process only work in conjunction with Batch Capture and clips with time code? I am using clips from a D5, so there is no timecode. Perhaps this is the sticking point?

Thank you to everyone on the forums, its been an invaluable resource to me!

Best,
-Reid

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
Re: Batch List importing question
on Apr 12, 2010 at 5:00:12 pm

[Reid Bingham] "I am using clips from a D5, so there is no timecode."

This makes no sense. D5 tape supports timecode just like any other pro tape format.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

Reid Bingham
Re: Batch List importing question
on Apr 12, 2010 at 6:48:59 pm

You are right Arnie. I am a learning about this stuff real quick, so please forgive the mistake. BUT the issue remains with the Batch List import. Any hints on why this may be? I have gone so far as to export a batch list, open it excel, just save it as tab delimited, and then batch import it in FCP and it doesnt work. Thank you again for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]