FORUMS: list search recent posts

Aspect ratio when exporting HD to Dv

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Helen Grove-White
Aspect ratio when exporting HD to Dv
on Apr 11, 2010 at 9:47:06 pm

I have tried to follow all the threads before asking this question but I am still struggling with exporting from HD timeline in FCP. Despite choosing DVPAL anamorphic when exporting to QT movie I keep losing the aspect ratio. I have tried Compressor - it kept the 16;9 but the quality was poor with lots of fringing and I need to project this short piece in an art gallery.
I usually burn dvd's in Toast and have custom set 'no re-encoding' so the problem is not there.
Advice please. Thanks

HGW

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Aspect ratio when exporting HD to Dv
on Apr 12, 2010 at 12:01:54 am

Forget the DV intermediary stage. Use Compressor to go from the HD to an SD mpeg2 and then use DVD Studio Pro instead of Toast to make the DVD. Going to DV just adds a poor quality transcode and I have seen many posts here saying Toast is not good enough and DVDSP is superior.

It should also fix any aspect issues. Make sure your mpeg2 encode is 16:9 anamorphic.

Return to posts index

Helen Grove-White
on Apr 12, 2010 at 6:40:00 am

Thanks so much Michael for your quick response. Was trying to avoid the complexities of DVDSP (Toast is so simple) but I see I'll have to give it a go. Will post comments after.

HGW

Return to posts index

Helen Grove-White
on Apr 18, 2010 at 11:24:50 am

Yes, a much better quality result. And DVDSP didn't seem so difficult after all once I got down to it.
Thanks again,
Helen

HGW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]