FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't open XML file

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Giuliano
Can't open XML file
on Apr 10, 2010 at 10:03:42 pm

I'm working on a project which someone else started editing on macbook pro and FCP7. I have similar computer, BUT FCP6. He's given me the project on a XML file. When I open the file it takes me through the process of selecting where I want the project to open and how want to call it. Then very quickly import the files, BUT then it gives a warning message saying:

"No-critical error were found while processing an XML document. Would you like ot see log of errors now?"

I have said yes and no, however in both instances I'm left with FCP open but no project whatsoever. When I click to open the new project file created it tells me that the project is already open.

What am I doing wrong?

Is it that it just won't work going from FCP 7 to 6?

Please help.

A desperate creative (no so much right now) person.
Giuliano.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Can't open XML file
on Apr 10, 2010 at 11:01:49 pm

Did they export an XML, version 4? Version 5 won't work.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Giuliano Perez
Re: Can't open XML file
on Apr 10, 2010 at 11:46:28 pm

They exported version 1, 2 ,3 ,4 and 5. Have tried all of them.

With every instance FC imports the XML document, giving me the warning message I mentioned before, it then asks me If I want to see the error log, whatever the answer, I end up with FC open but no project.

When I go to open the new create project file, it tells me that the project is already open.

Was there a mistake when first exporting the XML file? I have the drive with all the project content (clips,etc)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]