FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transfer media to new external drive while middle of project

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ruth Berdah-Canet
Transfer media to new external drive while middle of project
on Apr 9, 2010 at 7:56:17 pm

Hello,

I started to work on a big project with tens of video and audio files. I made the mistake of using a non-professional external drive a scratch disk which still has a lot of storage capacity but not enough speed to play my HD clips on the timeline.
So I just bought a G-drive and I would like to transfer all my media from one to the other, without risking to mess up what I have already done in FCP.
Should I plug the 2 drives and copy and paste all medias, then attempt to reconnect media in FCP?
If so, I have never " reconnected" media and I am nervous I might mess up something and loose my work. Any guidelines will be appreciated and followed!!

Thanks for the help!
Ruth

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Transfer media to new external drive while middle of project
on Apr 9, 2010 at 8:42:15 pm

Read the bottom part of this post by David Roth Weiss, It explains how to use the Media Manager to copy to a new drive.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Ruth Berdah-Canet
Re: Transfer media to new external drive while middle of project
on Apr 10, 2010 at 3:36:36 pm

Thanks! The transfer of media went well but it seems that I've lost the timeline and viewer...Basically what I have already edited on this project...Am I missing something?

Thanks for all you help.
Ruth

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]