FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Simultaneous external playback

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robbie lynn
Final Cut Simultaneous external playback
on Apr 8, 2010 at 1:07:20 am

Hi,
Does anyone know if there is a way to view an external monitor SD preview and an external HD preview at the same time in FCP7? I've had the digital cinema desktop running my HD preview to my second monitor via the DVI port on my macbook pro. And for my SD feed I have the external monitor setting set to send out the firewire to my HDV deck. As of now I have to switch back and forth between them, is there a way to set it up so FCP plays out to both at the same time?

Also another way I thought of doing it is Sending everything out to My HDV deck via firewire but I can't get it to send out anything but an SD preview.

Anyone got any experience with this? or another solution? I would really appreciate it.

thanks
Rob

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Final Cut Simultaneous external playback
on Apr 8, 2010 at 6:42:58 am

Yes. Get the matrox mxo2 mini or similar Aja solution. The mini for example, can output an HD and SD signal at same time. I watch HD on my LCD TV, and send letterbox, center cut or anamorphic SD to the client monitor.

It will even add correct pulldown and interlacing on the fly to a 59.94 720p sequence to make it SD.

With your HDV deck the same might be possible. For example you might output component or hdmi HD while outputting SD out composite.

Return to posts index

Robbie lynn
Re: Final Cut Simultaneous external playback
on Apr 8, 2010 at 7:54:45 pm

thanks, I will look into those boxes.

Yes the HD out the HDMI on the HDV deck and the Sd out the composite would work but can I send it an HD signal from final cut over firewire? As If i wanted to record Hd back on to an HDV tape?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]