FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't import one .mov file?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Pastuch
Can't import one .mov file?
on Apr 7, 2010 at 6:07:52 pm

I shot a scene on my DVX100 straight to my friends Macbook Pro through FCP 7. We checked and imported all the footage afterwards, and everything seemed OK.

I'm editing on a desktop Mac at school which has FCP 6.6. I had all the .mov files we captured on my harddrive, and every single one of them imported correctly- except one. The file is the same framerate, bit rate, file extension- everything about it is the same and it plays correctly in quicktime- but it simply will not import into FCP. I get the error message that the file format isn't recognized.

Is this a common problem?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Can't import one .mov file?
on Apr 7, 2010 at 6:18:41 pm

If Quicktime can read it, just export in QT using the original settings of the clip. If QT can't read it, there are other issues going on and you should re-capture.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

John Pastuch
on Apr 16, 2010 at 10:10:56 pm

I know it's been a while since this post, but I'm coming back to the mov file and while it plays fine in Quicktime, it still won't import- how exactly do I export within Quicktime with the same exact quality- everytime I do it, my file size is 100 mb less...

thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 19, 2010 at 6:23:10 pm

[John Pastuch] "how exactly do I export within Quicktime with the same exact quality- everytime I do it, my file size is 100 mb less..."

It sounds like QT isn't exporting the entire file, which leads me to believe the file is corrupted. I'd recapture the shot.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]