FORUMS: list search recent posts

Relink from laptop to tower Macpro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Van Duyn
Relink from laptop to tower Macpro
on Apr 7, 2010 at 3:53:36 am

I have a strange situation, I have a tower Macpro connected to an eSata Caldigit Drive system formatted HFS+, and a laptop connected to a FW800 drive, also HFS+ formatted. Same OS on both, same version of FCP on both. I cut a segment on the laptop, then copy the contents to my eSata 5TB drive unit (all drivers are up to date) go to relink my media on the tower with the project that I was using on the laptop and I get this error message

"Some attributes of one or more of the files you have chosen do not match the attributes of the original. This may cause problems within the sequences that are dependent on them. The attributes that differed are as follows: - Rate
would you like to connect them again?"

I do this and the aroll of the segment is all messed up, subject doing their countdown etc. What gets even stranger is that, as a test, I hooked up the FW800 drive to the tower, and re-linking worked perfectly, no issues. HUH? Strange, I also tried to move the video to my internal drive, same issue, linkage became out of sync, result, not usable segment. So, is there a fix for this? The issue happened once before and Apples explaination was that the drives were of different format, like Fat32, which did happen in the past, all that has been fixed, like I said, we are all in HFS+ land now, so why am I getting this rate issue between what are essentially the same system? Any help would be appreciated.

10.6.3 MacPro 3gig Dual Core, 11GB ram, 6TB storage, Blackmagic HDlink card, Motu 828MKII, BVW-75, AJ-HD2700 D-5, 2X23inch cinima displays, 37inch Sharp Aquos Mackie HR-824 speakers

Return to posts index

Alex Van Duyn
Re: Relink from laptop to tower Macpro
on Apr 7, 2010 at 5:44:22 am

One more strange thing to add, I tried to consolidate copy the sequence out of the fw-800 into the eSata, low and behold, same sync issue, as in the audio would be out of sync about 45seconds into the segment. This gets wierder and wierder. The easy solution is to bounce out the segment and use that clip, but then I loose most edit capabilities, just wanted to see what the experts thought of this issue.

10.6.3 MacPro 3gig Dual Core, 11GB ram, 6TB storage, Blackmagic HDlink card, Motu 828MKII, BVW-75, AJ-HD2700 D-5, 2X23inch cinima displays, 37inch Sharp Aquos Mackie HR-824 speakers

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Apr 7, 2010 at 4:04:08 pm

That is a mystery, and obviously no one has a suitable answer, otherwise you'd have at least one by now.

Try exporting an XML. You shouldn't have to, but it might save time.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

EPK Colorist - UP IN THE AIR - nominated for six academy awards

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Alex Van Duyn
on Apr 7, 2010 at 6:02:03 pm

Yep, tried that same -Rate issue out of sync, this issue is doing my head in, some glitch I have stumbled onto.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]