FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unlinking video from audio

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rachel Miller
Unlinking video from audio
on Apr 7, 2010 at 12:42:13 am

Hello I am working on a project where I am using b roll from a news package but I am placing it over a specific soundbite from that doesn't correspond with that video. As you know because of this the video and audio become out of sync and it is making it somewhat difficult to edit. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
Re: Unlinking video from audio
on Apr 7, 2010 at 1:41:57 am

First you can drop the "sync" audio from the cover shot into a different track. Or you can elect to record only the video, or only the audio for that matter, and drop them in separately. Once in the timeline you can unlink the audio from video with a command-L

Non-linear: all the time and nothing but.

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Apr 7, 2010 at 6:04:35 am

Temporarily unlink audio from video by dragging the edit with a trim tool while holding the option key down.

I NEVER unlink with Shift + L or the timeline button.

Kevin Monahan
60 Blu-ray Templates for Final Cut Studio 2009
http://www.fcpworld.com
Author - Motion Graphics and Effects in Final Cut Pro

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
on Apr 7, 2010 at 8:41:52 am

Odd, I ALWAYS use shift-L, ESPECIALLY when I want TO move a CLIP by NUDGING And I ALWAYS use shift-L when I MOVE a clip UP or DOWN a TRACK using OPT-up/down ARROW

Return to posts index

Rachel Miller
on Apr 7, 2010 at 7:36:42 pm

It's really weird because now all of the clips I am importing are unlinked on the timeline. Its showing that there linked but they aren't. It's disrupting the whole sequence making everything out of sync. How can I remedy? Thanks

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
on Apr 7, 2010 at 11:45:35 pm

you may have Linked Selection turned off and you're doing ripple edits. The little boxes on the top right hand edge of the timeline display. The second one is for Linked Selection.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]