FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help from my pals needed: Client changed specs mid-stream...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jiggy Gaton
Help from my pals needed: Client changed specs mid-stream...
on Apr 6, 2010 at 2:39:02 pm

Hi, working on a corporate promo about 1/4 the way in, and just got this in an email:

Shoot in HD. I appreciate the limitations on the DVD version, but we'll often be showing this on a true 1080p projector from a laptop.

The original spec was for an SD DVD, which I can crank out till the cows come home. Most of the work so far has been on the animations and most of the actual footage has not been shot yet. But on the current timeline are a lot of Motions and stock SD footage using this sequence setting (looks grand by the way):

So I am thinking I could just do this and all might meet the new requirement (whatever a true 1080p projector means, have never used one).

Or do I need to do something else. We can shoot the rest of the footage in HD (we want to test our new Canon 5D) and we rarely go full screen with the footage anyway, as it's mostly in boxes as part of animations (lots or product shots next to people using said products, etc.)

At least with the second sequence settings, my current timeline all looks the same, the motions seem unaffected by the change (yeah!)

So, advice is really appreciated, as we are being dragged into the HD world not too willingly.

Ps. I still plan on delivering an SD DVD, as we don't have blueray players here yet anyway, although this corp. would be the first to get as they are the samsung/sony distributor for Nepal...hmmmm....

thx,
jigs

Phoenix Studios Nepal: A small A/V Production House in Kathmandu.

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Arnie Schlissel
Re: Help from my pals needed: Client changed specs mid-stream...
on Apr 6, 2010 at 3:29:47 pm

Make your life easy. Use a preset for either 1920x1080 or 1280x720 that's square pixels and ProRes.

You will have to redo some of your work. Well, most of your work, but you should be able to bill that back to the client.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Rafael Amador
on Apr 6, 2010 at 3:37:49 pm

Hi Jiggy,
I agree with Arnie.
If you have a lot of SD stuff, go 1280 x 720.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Jiggy Gaton
on Apr 6, 2010 at 4:20:53 pm

thx so much Arnie and Raf, i guess it's back to rework PS and motions; going to 1280x720. and ur right, going to bill 'em!
jigs

Return to posts index

Jiggy Gaton
Wait Guys!
on Apr 6, 2010 at 4:47:46 pm

Do u mean 1280x756...for PAL? all these dimensions make my brain melt...
thx

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Wait Guys!
on Apr 6, 2010 at 5:06:09 pm

[Jiggy Gaton] "Do u mean 1280x756...for PAL? all these dimensions make my brain melt..."

Nope, the gents mean 1280x720. That's HD. 1280x576 is still SD, in a manner of speaking.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jiggy Gaton
Re: Wait Guys!
on Apr 6, 2010 at 5:16:57 pm

thx David, yes, figured that out. rework is going fast...things seem to scale up well from motion, which kinda surprised me. very cool!
jigs

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]