Projecting Cracked DVD images

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Guevarra
Projecting Cracked DVD images
on Apr 6, 2010 at 1:53:47 am

Hello again,

I got another question about cutting a movie w/ cracked DVD images on it:

So after converting a DVD video into a .mov file and cutting it up with my movie project, I was just wondering how well would the clips from the DVD hold up when being projected on a big movie theater screen?

I'm trying to cut up old footage from my previous projects that are only on DVDs now and I'm looking to get into the film festival circa with it but I'm worried about how the DVD images would look when projected. If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate all the help. Thanks!

Thanks,
Chris Guevarra
massmovementtv.blogspot.com

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Projecting Cracked DVD images
on Apr 6, 2010 at 2:07:31 am

There's no doubt that they will appear soft, as they will be have been compressed, recompressed, and recompressed again and again. And, any text of graphics will be just dreadful. However, if that's all you got, that's what you got.

Audiences are compelled by story, so if you have a compelling story you may be okay.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

EPK Colorist - UP IN THE AIR - nominated for six academy awards

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Chris Guevarra
on Apr 26, 2010 at 8:46:24 pm

Thanks for the reply, David.

I figured that I'd just have to be stuck with what I have since it's been recorded and rerecorded (and compressed) multiple times. Luckily, I do think we DO have a compelling story and I think it looks old enough (with old hair styles and fashions) that people will accept that it's found, archived footage from the past. Thanks again for your input, David! Much appreciated.

-Chris

Thanks,
Chris Guevarra
massmovementtv.blogspot.com

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Apr 26, 2010 at 8:52:30 pm

You're very welcome.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

EPK Colorist - UP IN THE AIR - nominated for six academy awards

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]