FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Help

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Breidbart
Audio Help
on Apr 5, 2010 at 4:53:05 pm

I hope I'm posting in the right forum. After I have picture & audio lock in FCP, I export all my audio tracks
using export audio to aiff, then import to a duplicate sequence & off to Compressor. Compressor
settings DVD best quality 90 min. (dolby digital & MPEG 2). I then import these assets into DVD Studio Pro, where I only see ONE track of audio. As far as I remember stereo is 2 tracks, maybe I just assumed DVD Studio Pro handles stereo .Where did I go wrong.
FCP-Compressor-or DVD Studio Pro?

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
Re: Audio Help
on Apr 5, 2010 at 5:24:15 pm

[Bruce Breidbart] "I then import these assets into DVD Studio Pro, where I only see ONE track of audio"

Can't comment on your workflow prior to this step except to say why not just export a Quicktime movie from FCP of your sequence with locked audio and video, then take it into compressor and encode for MPEG-2 and AC-3? Assuming you have an M2V and AC3 file, these are the only things you need to import into DVDSP. In DVDSP, each audio track is not channels, it's audio track as in DVD is playing one audio track (i.e. English 5.1 or Spanish Stereo). You can select the file you imported in the asset manager and if you look at the inspector it should show you how many channels are encoded into it.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Apr 6, 2010 at 12:48:10 am

The mpeg or Dolby audio is a single file which is capable of containing many channels. It ends up as a single data stream which is how DVDSP displays it. Even if you start with two mono aif files, it becomes a single data file when encoded in Compressor.

Nothing different here to multi channel wav files which can be a single file carrying anything from a mono channel to multi channels.

Return to posts index

Bruce Breidbart
on Apr 6, 2010 at 2:23:19 am

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]