FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need help recording VO with MicPort Pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Colleen Stratton
Need help recording VO with MicPort Pro
on Apr 3, 2010 at 4:16:45 pm

I am running FCP 5.0 on a G5, 10.4.11. I'm trying to record with the VO tool in FCP using a MicPort Pro and Sennheiser ME 64 mic. It records in Garage band nicely, but in FCP I'm getting a weird hum and the recorded voice sounds like a cartoon character. Clearly, it's not set up properly. Can someone walk me though the correct FCP settings?

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Need help recording VO with MicPort Pro
on Apr 3, 2010 at 5:36:31 pm

If you're going live into FCP, I would run it thru a mixer and look @ your levels. Choose capture now and set the deck control to none (non-controllable)and look @ your levels in FCP as well.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta

Return to posts index

Colleen Stratton
Re: Need help recording VO with MicPort Pro
on Apr 4, 2010 at 4:13:49 pm

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, your suggestion would require another major purchase, which I'd rather not have to do. The MicPort pro is a clever little preamp that plugs directly into the computer via USB. Log and capture only works with firewire. I've been told MicPort pro works with FCP. I think all I need to do is change a setting in FCP to get it to work. If anyone has experience with this device and can tell me how to set it up, I'd appreciate it.

Thank again,
Colleen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]