FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media offline after round-trip to Soundtrack Pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Miker Stovall
Media offline after round-trip to Soundtrack Pro
on Apr 2, 2010 at 3:53:35 pm

Sent a clip to Soundtrack Pro for some noise reduction, took care of that and everything was going well until I saved in Soundtrack Pro. Now, instead of automatically updating the clip in the timeline, FCP is telling me the media is offline.

Where'd I go wrong?

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
Re: Media offline after round-trip to Soundtrack Pro
on Apr 3, 2010 at 4:10:57 pm

Did you send it to an audio file project or a multitrack project?
Does it open up again in STP?

Non-linear: all the time and nothing but.

Return to posts index

Miker Stovall
Re: Media offline after round-trip to Soundtrack Pro
on Apr 5, 2010 at 1:52:30 pm

Thanks for the response...

I sent it as an audio project and it did open up again in STP. I think the issue may have been me doing a Save As initially and telling the software where I wanted the file (ah, just trying to stay organized) rather than just letting it drop the file where it wanted to. That said, when I tried to re-link the media, I go find it, hit connect, and nothing would happen. The connect media window would be empty, but the media wasn't connected and the only option was to hit cancel...which got me right back where I started.

Sorry for the novel, but you'll laugh at my work around. I exported the original QT file as an aiff, dropped that into STP, did the noise reduction, exported the aiff, and then just dropped that into my timeline under the original audio for the file. It worked, but it'd be a pain if I had to do it with multiple clips.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]