FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reassign ggg shortcut?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jiri Fiala
Reassign ggg shortcut?
on Apr 1, 2010 at 11:52:27 am

Hi! I have only recently discovered great fuctionality of Range select/Edit select tool (thanks to Larry Jordan's podcast).

Trouble is, I have replaced G keyboard shortcut with Un-mark. I know how to edit keyboard shortcuts, BUT I am helpless when it comes to multiple-keypress shorcuts such as ggg or tttt.

How do I, for example, assign Range selection tool (default ggg) to, say, ddd?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
Re: Reassign ggg shortcut?
on Apr 1, 2010 at 12:39:29 pm

why don't you just assign it to one of the unused keys on the keyboard, or replace one of those that you don't use anyway? There are a couple of open ones -- go look in keyboard layouts. There are some 850 key commands. I certainly don't remember or use one or two of them. ;)

Non-linear: all the time and nothing but.

Return to posts index

Jiri Fiala
on Apr 1, 2010 at 12:52:48 pm

Thanks for your suggestion Robb, but I am a heavy keyboard user and there is just ONE free non-modifier keys on my keyboard (D) :) I would love to assign this one to multiple functions. And I'm a little curious if this can even be done at all.

BTW this is why I love CC - it's almost realtime.

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Apr 1, 2010 at 2:02:26 pm

Multiple keystroke shortcuts cannot be assigned, only single keys with modifiers can be assigned in customizing the keyboard layout.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
on Apr 1, 2010 at 4:08:18 pm

why don't you just assign it to one of the unused keys on the keyboard, or replace one of those that you don't use anyway? There are a couple of open ones -- go look in keyboard layouts. There are some 850 key commands. I certainly don't remember or use one or two of them. ;)

Non-linear: all the time and nothing but.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]