FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timeline and Sequence issues in FCP...HEEELP ; )

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Moon
Timeline and Sequence issues in FCP...HEEELP ; )
on Mar 31, 2010 at 7:49:48 pm

Hi guys,

So, here's the situation (Please forgive my novice FCP expertise):
I shot a video on my new Canon 7D (Which i LOVE!!!), and per the recommendations of several threads, i converted all the H.264 1920x1080 23.98 footage to Apple ProRes 422 HQ 1920x1080 23.98 in order to edit it in FCP.

So I spent several days cutting the whole video, and when i finally finished and exported out, it came out 720x480. Then I noticed my sequence settings were at 720x480, 29.97, DV/DVCPRO - NTSC (see pic below)

So first I altered my current sequence to match the footage, but it wouldn't let me change from 29.97 to 23.98. So then I created a new sequence with all the correct settings, and copy and pasted my cut into the new sequence and the problem i'm having is that for some reason the image is small inside a black 1920x1080 frame. (see pic below)

HEEEELP ; )

Thanks a bunch.

:::ron

:::ronmoon.com

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Timeline and Sequence issues in FCP...HEEELP ; )
on Mar 31, 2010 at 7:59:04 pm

Highlight all the clips, then right-click and choose REMOVE ATTRIBUTES. Click BASIC MOTION and DISTORT. MIght need to do FILTERS too, if there is the SHIFT FIELDS filter on all of them.

Didn't see the render bar above the footage? That is the FIRST CLUE that something isn't right. And FCP didn't ask to change the sequence settings to match your clip settings? Or did you COPY/PASTE into the sequence? IT doesn't ask when you do that.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ron Moon
Re: Timeline and Sequence issues in FCP...HEEELP ; )
on Mar 31, 2010 at 9:44:54 pm

Awesome! that did it! thanks a bunch!!!

:::ronmoon.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]