FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor & DVDSP errors

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Kapleton
Compressor & DVDSP errors
on Mar 31, 2010 at 6:25:00 pm

Hello

I am having problems using Compressor and DVDSP whether i run everything locally from my 2nd internal RAID drive or from the XSAN network here. Even if I choose to let DVDSP do the encode and do not use Compressor cluster on my system to encode I still get errors in DVDSP. When i tried the computer across from me which was built from the ground up with fresh snow leopard, fcp7, CS4 etc all the files work fine as well as compressor's cluster working fine on it so i am sure its my computer and not the files themselves.

I believe both applications are not working - i tried trashing preferences for compressor with no luck, i tried using less cores on cluster also no luck...my next thought is to erase and reinstall just Compressor & DVDSP but i really want to avoid at all costs having to completely rebuild this computer!?

It really does concern me however that this facility decided to ignore my warnings (do to time constraints) and upgraded to snow leopard and FCP7 without doing clean installs. FCP layoffs and ingests have been working fine for everyone thus far but I am definitely wondering if this is related.

any thoughts or ideas?

thank you

Sean

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Compressor & DVDSP errors
on Mar 31, 2010 at 6:40:44 pm

[Sean Kapleton] "It really does concern me however that this facility decided to ignore my warnings (do to time constraints) and upgraded to snow leopard and FCP7 without doing clean installs."

There's the problem Sean. We see various iterations of problems here all the time from those who didn't heed all the warnings regarding clean installation tactics.

If you care to show the facility manager a post I made on the subject when SL was first released, simply search this forum for Snow Leopard 101.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

EPK Colorist - UP IN THE AIR - nominated for six academy awards

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Compressor & DVDSP errors
on Mar 31, 2010 at 9:05:53 pm

Short cuts normally do not save time.

- Our software is idiot-proof, if you bought it it proves you are an idiot. - Dilbert

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]