FORUMS: list search recent posts

render/unrender/reder again

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roy Schneider
render/unrender/reder again
on Mar 31, 2010 at 2:43:02 pm

Hi All:
I am having an interesting issue with rendering. I am doing a graphic intensive program, and every time I leave Final Cut Pro all the renders come unrendered. For example, I finish a segment, render, go out of the application into photoshop, when I return to Final Cut, the media becomes off-line for a brief moment, returns, but all the renders come undone.

I tried moving the timeline into another project, and even using a different set of graphics with the same results. It is not happening on all projects, just a couple of projects over the last 3 months.

We are working on FINAL CUT PRO in Sony EX-HD format. Using a HArris Server for HD video and InfoSan (X-serve) for graphics and music.

Thanks for your thoughts
Sincerely
Roy Schneider

Roy Schneider
Long Live Da Cow!

Return to posts index

Wayne Carey
Re: render/unrender/reder again
on Mar 31, 2010 at 3:06:57 pm

What version of FCP are you using?

This seems to be a consistent issue since the introduction of FCS2 and now has passed into FCS3 but at a reduced rate. Never less, its still occurs to me from time to time. Mostly with Motion files.

Wayne Carey
Schazam Productions
http://web.mac.com/schazamproductions
schazamproductions@mac.com

Return to posts index

Mike Kahn
on Mar 31, 2010 at 3:35:50 pm

Any chance you are rendering to and Avid Unity? This was an issue with one of the Unity drivers and has since been resolved with an update.

Return to posts index

Wayne Carey
on Mar 31, 2010 at 3:46:23 pm

Uh, Mike....

DId you read the original post?

< We are working on FINAL CUT PRO in Sony EX-HD format. Using a HArris Server for HD video and InfoSan (X-serve) for graphics and music. >

Wayne Carey
Schazam Productions

Return to posts index

Mike Kahn
on Mar 31, 2010 at 3:50:07 pm

Oops, guess I jumped the gun when I read the first part. Sorry about that.

No more reading the cow in between renders.

Return to posts index

Jason Byfield
on Jan 12, 2011 at 7:23:55 pm

Mike-

While I don't have anything to add to this particular thread, I've encountered the issue you described and have yet to find a solution on the COW forums. What did you end up doing to fix the problem? I've updated the Unity MediaNetwork to v. 5.1.3 and I'm using the v5.2 Mac fiber client. My FCP renders are still dropping out though...

Return to posts index

Wayne Carey
on Jan 12, 2011 at 7:41:32 pm

As you can see, this is an Apple issue that needs to be dealt with swiftly. But in true Apple fashion... we are ignored. Apple applied a fix and told us to update the ProApps Kit. But it still occurs. Not as bad, but still lingers.

The issue that angers me is the Motion templates inside of FCP. Yeah, they work but FCP will crash like a dog every time for me. I've had to go outside of FCP to fill-in the templates, render them out into my working codec and then drop them into the timeline. This feature has NEVER worked properly since its introduction.

Wayne Carey
Schazam Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]