FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exported Clips not at the right FPS

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry Rochman
Exported Clips not at the right FPS
on Mar 31, 2010 at 2:31:44 pm

Hi... I am trying to export clips at 29.97. I use Quick Time Converter and tell it that I want it at 29.97. However, after the clips are created I put them into the Quick Time viewer and do COMMAND "I" and the numbers are all over the place. One clip says it is 16.39 FPS, another is 28.51 FPS and a third is 24.10. I am using the same settings on all 3 clips and getting different FPS on all three. WHATS HAPPENING? Please help

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Exported Clips not at the right FPS
on Mar 31, 2010 at 6:05:23 pm

The Quicktime player is extremely unreliable in reporting the actual frame rate. 'Twas ever thus for Quicktime.

Make a quickie, temporary FCP project, import your clips, look at the frame rates in the browser, and be relieved.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Larry Rochman
on Mar 31, 2010 at 7:00:43 pm

Dave: Originally that is what I did, and the frame rates looked fine. The problem came up when we sent the clips to a graphic house and they said they were all 24 FPS even though on my sequence it says 29.97. At that point we started looking at them in Quick Time which gave us all the weird FPS. So there is some kind of problem, I just don't know where

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 31, 2010 at 7:56:04 pm

Wow, that's just weird. Tell you what: Start a new thread and give it some sort of intriguing title like, "Can exported clips have a different frame rate than the timeline?"

Then present your tale of woe in detail: the export, what the post house said, screwy rates in QT, OK frame rate in FCP, the kind of footage you shot originally, anything you did to it... you get the idea.

Perhaps one of the heavy hitters here will have a solution. I don't have a clue.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]