FORUMS: list search recent posts

No audio or video in log and capture.. please help!!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Lacey
No audio or video in log and capture.. please help!!
on Mar 30, 2010 at 1:32:18 pm

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help,
I am having trouble getting any video and audio into log and capture. when i open log and capture although i have control of the digi deck (Sony DVW A500) via remote, the window is black/mute. I have an SDi feed from the deck direct to my broadcast monitor, this shows the footage is playing out fine and when monitored the audio is ok too.

i have tried a number of things to resolve the issue:
- All cables changed and checked
- Trashed Prefs
- Checked/reset settings in FCP
- Refreshed A/V devices
- Have established that the decks output is ok.
- Checked all relevant connections to and from the deck are correct. (SDI out of deck into Blackmagic eclipse)

In FCP my A/V settings are:
Sequence settings - Pro rez HQ
Capture preset - Blackmagic pal - pro rez HQ
Device control - Blackmagic pal 25
Playback - Black magic pal 10 bit (720x576)

Then after doing all of the above more than once!! i tried a different deck and... Heres the weird bit: If i unplug the DVW deck (player recorder) and re-connect a J30 digi (player) everything seems to work fine, THEN if i swap the connections back over to the DVW it works as normal, i can now log and capture.

However, if i then close down the system and reboot and then try to log and capture with the DVW still connected. i get nothing again.

I have tried this with a couple of different DVW decks just to make sure that it wasn't a specific deck issue. Still the same problem.

i have been working with exactly the same settings/configuration for over a year and have never experienced this problem before.

Just over a month ago to try and eliminate a different problem i had to update the blackmagic drivers and with that also updated to FCP Vers 6.06 it is very possible that the problems started because of this (although im afraid i can not be sure as things have been busy and decks have been flying in and out) so my time scale is not that accurate.
Even if it is caused by this however - it still confuses me that with the deck swap i can get it to work!!!!

if anyone has any ideas why this may be happening or better still a solution i would be very grateful.

thank you for reading this post

My Set up is as follows:
2x 3.2GHz quad-core intel
OSX 10.5.8
FCP Vers 6.06
Blackmagic Multibridge Eclipse
Sony DVW 500 digi deck
Sony j30 digi deck

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]