FORUMS: list search recent posts

Connecting my HMC-150 to External Monitor

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carson Smucker
Connecting my HMC-150 to External Monitor
on Mar 29, 2010 at 8:11:28 pm

I am trying to connect my Panasonic HMC-150 HD Camera to an external monitor so I can see what is in the canvas on the while I am working on it.

I just upgraded from the Panasonic DVX 100 and I just used to run a firewire from my computer to the camera then the camera AV outputs to the TV AV inputs, set the view to all frames and there it was.

But since I got the HMC 150 it seems I cant do that anymore because there is not firewire cable, because it uses an SD card. Any help on this would be much appreciated, thanks

-Carson

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Connecting my HMC-150 to External Monitor
on Mar 29, 2010 at 10:47:52 pm

Well, why not bypass the computer COMPLETELY and use the AV outs of the camera? It has Component and Composite...

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Carson Smucker
on Mar 29, 2010 at 11:09:40 pm

O i'm sorry, I am trying to see what is in my canvas on FCP on the external monitor so I can't bypass the computer. Sorry maybe my question wasn't clear.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 30, 2010 at 12:10:58 am

Riiiiiight. No, you can't use the camera. The only format that allows playback of HD via firewire to a camera or deck is DVCPRO HD. HDV only works if you change the output to DV, and AVCHD, imported as ProRes? Nope. Now you need HD IO devices, like the Matrox MXO2 mini, or MXO2 LE, or AJA IO Express, or Decklink Intensity Pro.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]