FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multicam question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bendik Løvbrøtte
Multicam question
on Mar 28, 2010 at 5:06:37 pm

Hello

I recently shot a theatre show with 3 different cameras, a panasonic hpx-171e and two sony hdv cams. For some reason the P2 footage came in pieces, and the footage from the sony cams came in two chunks due to the show being longer than a tape. I have now synched the footage in the timeline and was wondering if it was possible to make a multiclip from the synched footage.

Return to posts index

Mark Petereit
Re: Multicam question
on Mar 28, 2010 at 6:50:29 pm

Probably not in its present form. In order to do multiclip, all clips must be the same frame rate in the same codec.

Return to posts index

Bendik Løvbrøtte
on Mar 28, 2010 at 9:23:46 pm

ah damn, so i would have to render out my p2 footage into hdv and put it back in, but can i still make multiclip with clips in a sequence?

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Mar 29, 2010 at 12:58:24 am

In your first post you said the P2 footage is in pieces. Did you use Log and Transfer to bring the clips into FCP or are you just looking that files from the card, P2 footage needs to be Transfer to use in FCP. This process will also make a single clip of each start and stop of the camera.

Multicam clips are made from movie clips and not sequences. If you want to use this feature you must have the same codec, frame rate and size for all the angles. This can be done over night and in the end will save you hours of editing. I would also get the HDV footage out of HDV, my first choice would be to convert all the footage to ProRes (HDV can be captured as ProRes on the fly), 2nd choice would be to convert the HDV to DVCProHD to match the Panny. HDV is fine for acquisition but it is not the best to edit or finish with.

My 2 cents.

- Our software is idiot-proof, if you bought it it proves you are an idiot. - Dilbert

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]