FORUMS: list search recent posts

What to do when one clip has different FPS, data rate than the others...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rachel Brown
What to do when one clip has different FPS, data rate than the others...
on Mar 27, 2010 at 1:57:38 am

I am trying to edit together a video that has multiple clips laid on top of each other. All of the clips were recorded into Quicktime Pro using the iSight camera on my MacBook. For some reason, the first clip that I recorded (the one which all of the others are laid over) has a different FPS and date rate than all of my other clips, though I don't remember changing any settings. Thus, when I drag these clips into a sequence, FCP wants me to adjust my sequence settings to match either Clip 1, or all of other clips. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I can't keep rendering with every single cut I make. And any thoughts how this may have happened in the first place?

Clip 1 - FPS: 29.97, Data Rate: 30.32 mbits/s

All the other clips - FPS: 15, Data Rate: 75 mbits/s

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: What to do when one clip has different FPS, data rate than the others...
on Mar 27, 2010 at 8:05:07 pm

Not sure of what happened, but I'd re record that first clip.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Rachel Brown
on Mar 27, 2010 at 8:22:50 pm

Unfortunately all the subsequent clips build off the first clip (it's a song and it wasn't recorded to any type of click track or anything), so we would have to go back and record everything, so I'm using that as my absolute last resort. If anyone has any thoughts on how I can convert the clip or do something that would allow me to work with what I already have, I'm up for trying anything. I've managed to sync all the tracks (I avoided having to re-render a million times by muting the extra tracks I didn't need at the moment I was syncing) and am at the stage where I only need to edit picture, but every cut I make forces to me to re-render the entire sequence.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Apr 1, 2010 at 12:39:35 pm

You probably should use Compressor and it's use of "Frame controls" to change that one errant clip to match the properties of all the others. If they all match you should be able to get a sequence setting that you don't have to render each edit with.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]