FORUMS: list search recent posts

Assistance on contacting Sony regarding FCP issues with the new NX5U camera

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Vasey
Assistance on contacting Sony regarding FCP issues with the new NX5U camera
on Mar 26, 2010 at 4:35:00 pm

I have a long happy history with Final Cut Pro and Sony products and am about to buy a NX5U, but what is giving me pause right now are three issues which are detailed below. Does anyone know if Juan Martinez at Sony (I can not locate his email address) and the appropriate departments at Sony are aware of these and is Sony actively doing something to investigate/solve these issues? I very much want to purchase the camera, but want some reassurance these things will find a solution.

Perhaps some of these issues ultimately are with Apple's Final Cut Pro, but if so, are there any proactive conversations taking place between Sony and the Final Cut pro apps people to reach any solutions?

1. Final Cut Pro's Log and Transfer is not passing through the NXFU timecode...essential to a documentary filmmaker like myself.

2. Final Cut Pro's Log and Transfer apparently won't pass through the PCM audio without extremely long transcode times. I want the benefit of the higher audio of course. It's one of the unique features of the camera.

And finally, whatever the solutions are to the above, do you think they would be treatable as firmware updates for the camera that could be done by the user at home?...or software updates for the editing software?

Many thanks,

John Vasey

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]