FORUMS: list search recent posts

Having trouble with DVX100 24P Advanced footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Lillie
Having trouble with DVX100 24P Advanced footage
on Mar 26, 2010 at 1:55:45 pm

Hello all,

This is my first post and it is borne on a big problem that's currently plaguing my little moviemaking posse:

This past weekend, a bunch of us shot a short movie with two cameras, a DVX100A and a DVX100B. I blacked all ten miniDV tapes we ended up using ahead of time, and we shot 24P Advanced.

Now that I am in the capture phase, I'm having lots of problems. For the first reel, I logged all the clips and captured for advanced pulldown removal. It kept stalling out and no matter how many clips I removed from the batch list, it wouldn't capture anything. So, in case it was my old Sony GV-D1000 causing problems, I brought my footage into the office and used our snazzy new deck. This time, FCP ended up making zillions of tiny little clips out of the first five minutes doing "Capture Now". And, when I try capturing at regular 29.97, the footage has little random stutters after capture.

It's weirding me out because the footage plays PREFECTLY fine on the deck through the attached monitor-- no stutters or problems. I'm stymied and don't know what to do. I have tried three of the ten tapes now and the same thing is happening.

The only thing I can think is that I caused a problem by blacking in regular mode, which is something I did not think of AT ALL beforehand. But, my understanding is that all DV is 29.97 anyway, so it seems like that shouldn't have caused the problem.

Does this ring a bell out there with you folks who know tons more than me? I'm sorry for the length of this, but it seemed like a good idea to give as much detail as possible. Plus, I REALLY want to save this footage because it is by far the best stuff we've ever done.

Thank you!

Brian Lillie,
Ann Arbor, Michigan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]