FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor help - making the right droplet(s) for HDV source

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
J. Tad Newberry
Compressor help - making the right droplet(s) for HDV source
on Mar 26, 2010 at 1:48:36 am

I'm having a bugger of a time trying to figure out which droplet setting to use to make small, low-res files for client approvals. For this one, starting with an HDV project (sometimes first converting all footage to DVCPro HD or XDCam codec before editing), i render out a single QT, but i'm not finding a Compressor setting that fits the 1440 x 1980 aspect ratio...usually rendering a "too tall" 4x3 file. What droplet would work the best, and/or how do you alter the settings before making a droplet? The Compressor settings i've been trying are ghosted and can't be changed (i.e., MPEG-4, H.264, etc.)

Thanks again!

J. Tad Newberry
Big Ya Productions
Mac Pro 2.66 GHz Quad-Core
3 GB RAM
http://www.bigya.tv

Return to posts index

J. Tad Newberry
Re: Compressor help - making the right droplet(s) for HDV source
on Mar 26, 2010 at 2:42:13 am

duh...

Sorry once again for clogging up the works here . . . after i actually chose a setting INSDIE of Compressor, they become magically editable. On my way...

Thanks again!

J. Tad Newberry
Big Ya Productions
Mac Pro 2.66 GHz Quad-Core
3 GB RAM
http://www.bigya.tv

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Compressor help - making the right droplet(s) for HDV source
on Mar 26, 2010 at 4:58:06 am

For HD, I usually export QT conversion, h.264, max data rate 750mb/sec, auto keyframes, one pass for faster encode, 640x360, 32khz, 16bit, mono. Exports out faster than real time and looks good. Dissolves can break up at this data rate, but generally acceptable for web client approval.

And since you've got an h.264, just change the .mov to .flv and you have a flash video file. It still needs to be wrapped in a .swf controller to have playback buttons and size controls.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]