Export from fcp7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor Fernando Pagan
Export from fcp7
on Mar 26, 2010 at 12:12:06 am

by Victor Fernando Pagan 30 minutes ago

Hello All.

I have been having some trouble exporting a good clean export from FCP7. I shot the video on Sony PD150 (Prosumer) using the MiniDV format. When I shot the video everything was crisp, clear, clean. I ingested the video from my Panasonic PV-GS150 (consumer). Both cameras record and playback MiniDV.
I am using FCP easy setup for DV-NTSC. My timeline setting equal my ingest settings. When I export the files using compressor, or FCP I get pixels, and when people walk in and out of frame or any motion going on in the video looks all pixelated. Also I have a few people in the video that are wearing black and the black looks look there is something moving around within their suit (really weird) I am exporting using the DV-NTSC setting in compressor and FCP. I have never had this issue before but all of a sudden its in all my projects. Its driving me bananas!!. Could I be doing something wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated. I have tried to look around to see if I found someone with the same issue but could not. Maybe I was not using the correct keywords or something. If someone has a link I will try anything at this point.

Here are the specs on my Laptop
MacBook Pro
Intel Core 2 Duo
2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores:2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory:4 GB
Bus Speed:800 MHz

Return to posts index

Ben Holmes
Re: Export from fcp7
on Mar 26, 2010 at 9:40:31 am

Assuming you've done a straight export from FCP (not sure why you'd use Compressor), and keeping the export as DV video. Otherwise, are you accidentally exporting as an H.264 file with compression? You can check the details for the video in QT player on the inspector - post them here.

Otherwise, the simplest solution is not having the 'high quality' box ticked in the QT preferences.

Edit Out Ltd
----------------------------
FCP Editor/Trainer/System Consultant
EVS/VT Supervisor for live broadcast
RED camera transfer/post
Independent Director/Producer

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/casestudies/detail.asp?case=therydercup

Return to posts index

Victor Fernando Pagan
on Mar 26, 2010 at 11:29:36 am

Ben,
Thanks for the reply.
I was using Compressor to allow me to continie working in FCP while the export is occuring. No other reason why. I thought the same thing and did a test fo the same file from FCP7 and I got the same result. :(
I export using the quicktime conversion and click options and change the setting from h264 to DV.

Where is the "High Quality" box to check off? Sorry for asking that.

The setting i get from inspector are as followed

Format: motu dcv DV/DVCPRO NTSC 720x480
fps:29.97
data rate 30.34mbs

The audio is good so I have excluded that form the info. Let me know if I should post that too.

Thank you for taking the time.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Mar 26, 2010 at 1:02:02 pm

Hi Victor,
That is DV.
If you want your DV footage to look something different (no blocks, mosquito noise..), use a Chroma filter (Nattress Chroma Smooth/Sharpen or Nattress Nicer) and render to a 10b codec in High Precision.
Nobody will be able to tell your footage is DV.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Victor Fernando Pagan
on Mar 26, 2010 at 1:19:54 pm

Hello Rafael,
Thank you. I will try that and post an update.
Thank you Thank you

When you say render you mean export correct?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Mar 26, 2010 at 6:57:40 pm

Hi Victor,
Yes I mean export.
To work easier, edit as usual in a DV sequence. When you are ready to export, drop the Nattress filter in all the footage.
You must set the filter the first on the stack.
Then change the sequence codec to Prores and "Render all YUV in High Precision". You can set as well "Render Motion Effects: BEST".
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Victor Fernando Pagan
on Mar 28, 2010 at 3:24:24 pm

Just wanted to follow up it worked. Thank you all so much. Exported the file and it was a huge difference. No mosquito look.
Thank you again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]