FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio refuses to render past certain point

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Lester
Audio refuses to render past certain point
on Mar 25, 2010 at 6:05:13 am

Hi guys,
I was doing a rough cut of a trailer and ran into a problem I've never encountered before. I had a partial song (.aif) in my timeline, and after a while, I extended it by dragging the end. Now if I put any audio after the original extended point, FCP refuses to render it. I'm a savvy FCP user, so was pretty confused as to why this happened. I've tried every key shortcut, changed settings, rebooted FCP as well as my computer.

Has anyone else come across this problem? If so how do I fix it and why does it happen? (I'm going to be very embarrassed if it's something simple)

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Audio refuses to render past certain point
on Mar 25, 2010 at 6:17:57 am

Why do you need to render audio? If it was correctly converted to 48khz before going into your timeline, there should be no need for rendering.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Lester
on Mar 25, 2010 at 6:26:42 am

OK. After toying with it for a bit, I managed to just re-import the file and got it to render that way. I'm still unsure how this would have happened. Would be nice to know so i can avoid it in the future.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Mar 25, 2010 at 10:08:38 am

As Michael already asked, why do you have to render the audio? What format is it? It should be 48khz before it comes into FCP.

You should never have to render audio in FCP unless you have a lot of tracks.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" featuring Sigourney Weaver coming soon.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Mar 25, 2010 at 5:13:33 pm

There's a great little program from Digital Heaven called Loader that will convert various flavors of audio on import to PCM 48k 16 bit. That's what professional video editing systems/devices expect to see.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]