FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sync ghost in the system!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Smith
Sync ghost in the system!
on Mar 24, 2010 at 6:02:21 pm

I need the collaborative expertise of the Cow to help me track down a sync issue. We have clips that are in a timeline that we have been working on for a couple weeks. The clips have been playing fine until today. All of a sudden one tape worth of media is now out of sync in the timeline. I checked the source media on the SAN and when playing in QT, it is out of sync. The audio is about 10 frames ahead of the video. What can cause such mysterious events?

We are running FCP Studio 3, we just updated the week before starting this project. We are on a 40TB SAN, shared between 8 editors. This project is being worked on by two editors. Below are the machine specs.

Mac 10.5.8
2 x 3GHz Quad Core Xeon
8 GB DDR
ATI Radeon
AJA Kona
FCP 7.0

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Alan Smith

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Sync ghost in the system!
on Mar 24, 2010 at 8:52:45 pm

Is the lack of sync seen by all the workstations or just one?

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Alan Smith
on Mar 25, 2010 at 2:07:39 pm

The sync is experienced regardless of the workstation, no matter if you are viewing the FC timeline or viewing the clip in QT player.

It is such an odd event that I can't seem to figure out where to begin. This has happened on two other occasions and we are confused as to what may be causing the issue.

Alan

Alan Smith
Media317

Check out my blog - http://media317.com

Return to posts index

jessica anderson
on Sep 8, 2010 at 11:35:33 pm

hey alan,

we are having the same problem.

14 TB shared by 3 editors.

mac osx version 10.6.3
2. 2.26 ghz quad core intel xeon
8gb 1066 mhz ddr3

final cut studio 3,

was wondering if you found any reason as to why this is happening? this happens quite often to us. we are editing a tv show for broadcast and its quite scary that once its approved, in the export things even go out of sync, but the project is not reading that the audio is out of sync.

we just reconnect and re-render.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]