FORUMS: list search recent posts

fixing a red nose

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Ingalls
fixing a red nose
on Mar 24, 2010 at 3:44:04 pm

I shot an interview a couple of weeks ago and I must have been really rushed because when I got back to look at the video, I noticed that the subject's nose was red (probably from being out in the cold before the shoot).

Here's what it looks like: http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisi/4460127690/

Does anyone have any Final Cut tips for getting rid of the redness, but just isolating it to the nose area?

Reshooting is not out of the question, but I would rather not do that. I don't think it looks too bad, but my boss happened to walk by the edit suite when I was working on it and said something to the effect of, "Wow, I hope you can fix that."

Thanks!
Chris

Return to posts index

Rainer Wirth
Re: fixing a red nose
on Mar 24, 2010 at 3:56:40 pm

two options:

use colour, there is a video with walter, which explains how to do it.
use colorista (magic bullet)

invite her for dinner, she needs it.

Rainer

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Mar 24, 2010 at 5:33:57 pm

Richard Harrington has a Cow tutorial on Fixing Exposure. What would be helpful for you is the discussion of how to isolate colors in a scene with the 3-way Color Corrector and then affect them.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Mar 24, 2010 at 7:36:48 pm

It didn't look too bad to me. I think the in-focus bookshelf is more distracting than her nose. Anyway, I would duplicate the layer and apply a garbage matte to it just around the nose area, feather the edges and then use the 3-way color corrector to take out some red. If she moves around a bunch you may have to add some keyframes to track her nose.

Jason Jenkins

Flowmotion Media

Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

Chris Poisson
on Mar 25, 2010 at 3:06:04 pm

That is not too bad, you could just duplicate the layer and put a garbage matte around the nose, and color correct accordingly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]