FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Managing footage from a single raw clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nate McNeil
Media Managing footage from a single raw clip
on Mar 24, 2010 at 3:26:09 pm

I'm hoping someone out there can shed some light on what I'm trying to do.

This past year we've made the switch to a full FCP shop. For the job I'm working on now, we needed to bring some old B-roll captured to our PC tower into FCP.

We've done this by taking the SDI out from the PC's Matrox bob, and going into the SDI in on the AJA Kona. This allowed us to capture straight from Premiere to FCP.

What we're trying to do, is put cuts on this capture to separate the B-Roll clips, and then either Media Manage or Batch Export to render them to their own self-contained clips.

I've tried a variety of settings and techniques, but the Media Manage keeps spitting out the lone raw capture from the Premiere timeline.

Am I doing something wrong or am I trying to do something that's simply out of the realm of possibility? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Nate McNeil

Return to posts index

Nate McNeil
Re: Media Managing footage from a single raw clip
on Mar 24, 2010 at 5:04:12 pm

I should add that one of our Editors attempted this, laying the footage on the timeline and making cuts, then media managing. It worked, but we can't seem to duplicate the process on other machines.

Return to posts index

Nate McNeil
on Mar 24, 2010 at 6:26:35 pm

I managed to find a less-than-pretty work around.

Once you cut up your clips on the timeline, drag them back into your Bin. They will all be named the same, but this is ok.

Highlight them all, then click File > Batch Export.

Once you set your destination and Item settings, click export. Batch Export will automatically prompt you to re-name all of your clips.

Thus far its the easiest thing I've found with out purchasing ReCut.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Mar 24, 2010 at 5:42:29 pm

I'm not an expert with Media Manager and I'm sure others who use it will have some recommendations. There's an excellent Cow tutorial on how to use Applr Automator. You might be able to use it for your task.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]