FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't play .mov files created by JVC GY HM700u

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Byerly
Can't play .mov files created by JVC GY HM700u
on Mar 24, 2010 at 1:59:39 am

I use a JVC GY HM700u camera. The files created work well with my Final Cut Pro, but I'm looking for a way to play back those files on my PC for logging purposes. I thought I would be able to play them in Quicktime Pro but I get no video, just audio and timecode. Does anyone have an idea how I can play these files on my PC, hopefully with timecode for logging purposes?

Thanks,
Steve

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Can't play .mov files created by JVC GY HM700u
on Mar 24, 2010 at 8:06:45 am

Sounds like the codec is missing on the PC. This has been mentioned a few times on this forum so a quick search here might reveal a link to download the HDV codec (I am guessing as I don't know exactly what you are using)

If you have been transcoding to ProRes, those codecs for quicktime on a PC are available. Again a search here will uncover more, probably a link.

Return to posts index

Cecille Plomp
on Mar 30, 2010 at 3:01:42 pm

Dear Steve, Did you manage to solve your problem?
I also have the same camera and issues with PC - Adobe CS4 and MOV files.
Did you find a codec to install?
Maybe someone has a link, cannot really find it here in the forum; I am also a new user still need to find my way in this forum I guess.
thanks
Cecille

Return to posts index

kevin michael
on Jul 19, 2011 at 3:53:12 pm

on a macintosh, one needs the Perian XDCAM component, installed in the QuickTime folder in the Library folder on the boot drive. we had the same problem, as we had students with FCP 5 through 7.
I have not found a way to get the same JVC footage into FCPX.

km

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]