FORUMS: list search recent posts

large mixed format batch convert... need help

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joe kaye
large mixed format batch convert... need help
on Mar 23, 2010 at 5:35:13 pm

i need to convert a large amount of rushes (550 quicktime movies, about 0.8TB, 12hrs) for use in FCP7 but i've never done any batch converting on this kind of scale before with such a mess of footage…

the footage is in various forms of H264 mov files (all 1080pHD, some 25fps, some 30fps, some at 50fps), and some uncompressed SD quicktime files (25fps) - some audio at 48khz, some at 44.1khz - this was all supposedly shot for the purpose of this campaign i'm working on…(!?)

since i'll be adding footage to the project at SD 25fps interlaced i've decided to downsample the 30fps footage to 25fps and convert the HD to SD (for consistency and drive space) - also i'm having to work without any kind of broadcast monitor so i can't check for any issues with interlacing at the moment… FCP reads most of the footage as upper field first interlaced and a few HD files as progressive (the 50fps stuff) but i know fcp often mis-interprets the fields so is there any purely software way to check this for sure?

there are a few short edits from the original project i need to save but i'll mostly be creating new edits myself so i'm happy to re-do a few short sequences to speed up everything else in the long-term

I'm wondering whether to use apple compressor or adobe media encoder which are the only options i have right now… and i would usually go for DVCPRO50 but would appreciate any advice, bearing in mind i'll be adding footage in DV-PAL format (this is out of my control)

cheers in advance for any help
jjjj

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]