FORUMS: list search recent posts

XML doesn't import anything except sequence

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Arbor
XML doesn't import anything except sequence
on Mar 23, 2010 at 5:15:00 pm

Hi there,

I'm editing an AVCHD project on my 5-6 year old PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0Ghz machine. Needless to say, it doesn't like to handle 9GB worth of the converted ProRes footage and render in a decent timeframe. So, I decided to work in an offline manner. I did some quick reading and it seems that Final Cut's Offline RT sequence is 320x240 which I didn't need. So I used the media manager to create a new project with the 1080i ProRes footage converted to SD. This is all working well so far, but when I export my XML file and re-import it into my HD project, I just get a sequence with everything in working order. All I have to do is reconnect the footage to the ProRes footage and I'm good to go.

However, FCPs manual states "The Importing XML Data progress bar appears as Final Cut Pro processes the XML and generates clips, bins, or sequences from the XML file."

I'm wondering why I'm not getting anything except the sequence. That, and can anyone explain a better way to do offline editing in SD if what I am not doing is the best and easiest technique?

Also, when I bring everything back into the 1080i sequence, all FCP generated items and footage resize properly (which the manual says will happen), but my graphics do not. I believe I saw something in passing in the manual about this, but I can't seem to remember where it is. Is there a simple solution to have my graphics conform?

Thanks

-David
http://www.davidarbor.com
Editor/Videography/Graphics

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]