Multiple Audio Tracks and exporting a quicktime

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Adler
Multiple Audio Tracks and exporting a quicktime
on Mar 22, 2010 at 6:50:19 pm

Hello,

So I have quick question.

I did a quick v.o. using the final cut tool. It is not the greatest but it does the job. Because it records everything in the timeline I have 15 to 20 tracks of audio information, not all of it is being used. I have placed everything I am not using in muted tracks in case I decide to take something from it.

Now my question is... when I go to export the timeline as a quicktime, will final cut include the muted audio information and create a larger file than I need (I know you will not hear the muted information on the exported quicktime) or will it disregard the muted audio as if it is not there?

Any info will be much appreciated, thanks.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Multiple Audio Tracks and exporting a quicktime
on Mar 22, 2010 at 9:03:24 pm

Why are you doing that? This is messy messy messy!

Make a sequence...a LONG sequence that is your VO sequence. Record VO to that sequence, then drag the recorded file into the Browser to make a clip. Then take the recorded clip and add them to your MAIN sequence. Then you will only have the audio you want in your main sequence, and no extra files in your timeline taking up space and looking all junky.

FCPs VO tool implementation is funky. Wanting to record to a timeline as if you are in a VO session and need to add VO to the timeline, when all we want is temp VO that we edit into a sequence. Thus my VO sequence workflow.

If you deactivate the clips, or mute them, they won't be included. But really, figure out a better way and stop being so messy.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jason Adler
Re: Multiple Audio Tracks and exporting a quicktime
on Mar 29, 2010 at 8:21:51 pm

Yeah I know, not the best way of going about it. Thanks for the help though, I appreciate it.

Jason

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]